The competition featured over 3,000 red wines from over 18 countries, with 531 entries coming from the Lone Star State.
TEXAS, USA– Messina Hof Winery was named the Top Texas Winery by the Houston Animals Program and Rodeo Uncorked! International White Wine Competitors!.
The competitors was held from Nov. 11 to Nov. 13 at the NRG Center in Houston, and featured over 3,000 red wines from 18 different countries. According to the announcement post of the winners on rodeohouston.com, 531 entries into the competition were from Texas wineries.
The Winery and White wine Business awards are as follows:
- Top Red Wine Company: E&J Gallo Winery
- Top Area Red Wine Business: Deutsch Household White Wine & & Spirits
- Leading All-Around Winery: Becker Vineyards
- Leading Texas Winery: Messina Hof Winery
The White wine Competition champions consist of:
- Grand Champ Best of Program: Le Chemin du Return of investment Brut, Champagne AOC, NV
- Reserve Grand Champion Finest of Program: Bernhardt Winery Antiquity Chardonnay Reserve, Danube Plain, 2020
- Top Texas White Wine: Becker Vineyards Barbera, Tallent Vineyards, Texas Hill Country, 2019
- Top Red Wine: Bernardus Marinus Estate Red, Carmel Valley, 2015
- Top Gewurztraminer: Chateau Saint-Roch Old Vines White, Cotes du Roussillon AOP, 2020Leading Champagne
- : Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte Reserve Exclusive Brut Rosé Champagne AOC, NV Leading Dessert White Wine: Dandelion Vineyards Legacy of Australia Pedro Ximenez,Australia, NV Top Region Red Wine: Henschke Henry’s 7 Red, Barossa, 2020 Leading Value White Wine: Risata Red wines Moscato d’Asti DOCG
- , 2021 We are honored to be called the Top
Texas Winery by the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo’s 2023 Rodeo Uncorked! International Wine Competition!We have actually been making Texas white wine for 45 years and anticipate continuing to provide the best Texas white wine in our favorite state! pic.twitter.com/f2DAhNzava!.?.!— Messina Hof Winery( @Messina_Hof)November 29, 2022 You can view the full announcement on rodeohouston.com here. Follow KAGS on social media: Facebook |