RedHeads Wine obtains Environmental Excellence Award at the 2021 South Australian Red Wine Market Awards
October 5th– RedHeads A glass of wine located in the Barossa Valley was yesterday awarded the Environmental Excellence Honor for tiny to medium sized wineries at the 2021 South Australian White wine Industry Awards held at the National Wine Centre in Adelaide. The award includes in two global distinctions, the initial was in 2019 when RedHeads was presented with the 2019 International Drinks Business Environment-friendly Honor for Water Monitoring and the 2nd in 2020 when it was given a special recommendation for Power Monitoring at the exact same honors. RedHeads’ green efforts that resulted in this award trifecta, begin in the vineyards with a state-of-the-art Water Management system consisting of soil probes to dictate when creeping plants need water and also enable them to just water when necessary and also a water collection and storage space system. Minimizing drainage and water recycling are crucial emphasis areas RedHeads has functioned in the direction of, catching all of the water from its winery roofing as well as dam, accumulating 2.7 million litres of extra water that can be recycled around the vineyard and also site, while the dam, with a storage capacity of 3.8 megalitres is made use of to provide water for watering.
When the winery was custom-built in 2018 by regional contractor, Ahrens, Power Monitoring was also at the forefront. The vineyard is totally powered with 100% sustainable resources with 97% powered by self-generated as well as kept renewable resource and the remaining 3% energy sourced from a qualified renewable resource source. This relates to a conserving of 22 tonnes of carbon dioxide a year.
Alex Trescowthick, Vineyard Procedures Supervisor is very happy that the word is getting out there as well as wishes RedHeads’ vineyard can be a model for various other small to tool sized brand-new builds.
“We are immensely pleased with what we have accomplished over the past 2 years, contributing to a greener future for all. We are shateringly knowledgeable about the evidence for environment change as well as its potentially terrible repercussions. To fight this, we built a new sustainable winery in the Barossa Valley in 2019, beginning with just a greenfield website.” Alex stated
“Building the new winery from the ground up offered us the chance to focus on suiting costs winemaking in addition to lowering its carbon footprint, waste, and environmental influence. We hope we can inspire various other vineyards and also sectors to improve exactly how they manage their waste and also energy requirements.” Alex continued. RedHeads by name, however GreenHeads by nature. For information on the he South Australian wine industry Association as well as on the annual Environmental Quality Awards please see https://www.winesa.asn.au/our-services/environment-sustainability/excellence-awards/
For additional details on RedHeads’ environment-friendly campaigns, please see RedHeads’ as well as go to ‘Environment-friendly Creds’ or click below.
To learn more on RedHeads visit www.redheadswine.comComply With RedHeads on Instagram by visit this site or by visiting www.instagram.com/redheadswine/
About RedHeads RedHeads White wine was
developed by Tony Laithwaite in McLaren Vale in 2002 in an old restaurant, called RedHeads! The site was made use of by moonlighting winemakers to damage without the company shackles ahead as well as make “actual” glass of wines, the means they wanted to. Tiny batches, hands-on, interesting blends as well as big flavours. Now RedHeads’ roots are strongly grown in the Barossa as well as it has a tailor-made lasting winery built from the ground up in 2019.
The principals continue to be the same today. The aim? Grape freedom. RedHeads hunt down premium parcels of fruit that are lost in larger winery blends. The team rescue the grapes, a few rows each time as well as give them the interest they are worthy of in the RedHeads winery.
RedHeads work with over 20 various varieties, which create red wines of soul, originality, as well as special character. Each white wine has its own story to tell, no 2 white wines coincide.