Elderly Editor Frank as well as I, together with 50 other guests, were wowed at a recent Valle de Guadalupe A Glass Of Wine Supper at Sal Ercolano’s Flora Bar & & Kitchen area, featuring three of the top proprietors and also wine makers from that area: Jorge Maciel (Cava Maciel), Paolo Paoloni (Vacation Home Montefiori) as well as Kristin Magnussen Shute (Vinos Lechuza).
As always, Ercolano organized a red wine supper feast making certain guests were dealt with like royalty with 6 courses prepared by Executive Chef Hilario, consisting of an appetizer plate as well as treat. Supper began with Chef Mini Bites, including bruschetta, ahi tuna atop cucumber with wasabi, and chicken skewers offered with a Paoloni chardonnay matching the appetizer platter.
Next up was a Citrus Jeweled Ceviche with shrimp coupled with Vinos Lechuza “Vuelo,” implying to fly. Vuelo was an interesting wine. Wine Maker Kristin Magnussen Shute said, “The goal of Vuelo was to have customers experience both chardonnay and also sauvignon blanc at the same time.”
The 2019 Vuelo had actually tropical tastes affected by 3 rainy years. The sauvignon blanc supplied illumination as well as level of acidity in addition to the velvety mouthfeel finish of the chardonnay in harmony with the lime and also jalapeno of the ceviche.
The 2nd program was a hen enchilada garnished with sour cream and also queso fresco served with a Cava Maciel “Alba” cabernet sauvignon. The Alba had a combination of new world cherry in addition to vintage earth, cigarette, and also smoke features that paired well with the tomatillo salsa.
Asada Beef Tacos, the third course, were offered with Vacation home Montefiori’s Paoloni Aglianico. The Aglianico grape had its origins in Greece and afterwards migrated to Campania, Italy, prior to spreading across the globe. Paoloni’s version was complicated and also full bodied with black cherry on the taste and hints of coffee on the finish that matched the tacos.
The main and fourth program was Filet Mole Poblano including beef tenderloin with an awesome poblano mole sauce served with rice and also cactus salad. Guests experienced a set of Nebbiolos in this main course. One was the Paoloni with old world earthiness, vanilla, as well as seasoning compared to the new globe characteristics of the Cava Maciel “Apogeo” with red fruit cherry and a softer surface. Each completely accented the mole topped tenderloin.
The night wrapped up with decadent Delicious chocolate Cayenne Churros apart a duo of delicious chocolate as well as caramel sauces coupled with a Vinos Lechuza Red Blend “Amantes.” The Amantes had a floral nose with strawberry, honey and also red fruit on the taste buds with a fragile finish worthwhile of the churros and sauces.
All three of these exceptional Valle de Guadalupe wineries would enjoy to see you as visitors. For those not wishing to make the trek to Valle de Guadalupe, you can order these fantastic red wines direct to consumer at LMAwines.com.
In our cars and truck trip back home, Frank as well as I assumed it would be wonderful to have a red wine shop in a San Diego community such as Old Community or the Embarcadero where guests can enjoy and buy white wines from these south-of-the-border vineyards and also various other Valle de Guadalupe treasures. Hopefully one day!
Followers of Ercolano A glass of wine Dinners ought to save the day and, even much better, RSVP for upcoming occasions featuring:
- Napa Valley’s Stag’s Leap Red wine Cellars, Wednesday-Thursday, Aug. 18-19, at Flora, $75 per person.
- Paso Robles DAOU Family Members Estates, Thursday-Friday, Sept. 23-24, at West End, $75 each.
- Napa Valley Wagner Family/Caymus Vineyards, Tuesday, Oct. 19, and Thursday, Oct. 21, at Flora, $85 each.
All dinners begin at 6 p.m. RSVP for Vegetation Bar & & Cooking area at 858-461-0622 and also West End Bar & & Kitchen at 858-259-5878.
— Story by Technology Director/Writer Rico Cassoni
Red wine Bytes
- Come out for A Sip of Julian, Saturday, July 31, from 11 to 5 p.m. The Julian Chamber of Commerce is co-hosting the 6th annual Sip of Julian, using examples of its white wines, beers, difficult ciders as well as craft cocktails of Julian farmers and also manufacturers. There’s lots of time to appreciate the samples of little attacks in each location. Ticket holders have the choice of a self-guided scenic tour or purchase a ticket to a shuttle bus solution. Guests will certainly be provided a wine glass and also tote at the Chamber workplace at 2129 Main Road in Julian. Expense is $35-$50. For more information, see visitjulian.com/to-see-do/special-events/sip-of-julian.
- A.R.Valentien in La Jolla provides its latest Signature Red wine Collection featuring Duckhorn, Thursday, Aug. 19, from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. This Duckhorn white wine salute is part of a multi-course food selection of imaginative cuisine on the al fresco terrace, led by Exec Cook Jeff Jackson. Get your exclusive table today. Cost is $185 plus tax obligation and gratuity. To learn more, go to lodgetorreypines.com/event/event-signature-wine-series-duckhorn.
Frank Mangio is a prominent wine connoisseur licensed by A glass of wine Viewer. Reach him at [e-mail protected]